- July 4, 2019
- Digital Marketing
How To Mock Up Google Ads for Your Client
Are you looking for a Google ads previewer tool?
Here are some ways to mock up your paid search ads so your client can review them before you launch:
THE OK WAY – Create your paid search ads directly in Google Ads and take a screen shot
- Very easy. No additional tools needed. Simply hit the print screen button and copy/paste into word doc or directly into an email and send off to your client
- Google already has their own ads preview tool.
- Great for small number of ads
- Lots of manual screenshots if you need to show large number of ads or keywords
- If edits are needed, you will need to log back into google ads and retype up the entire ad
THE BETTER WAY – Create ads in excel and format them to look like the SERP results
- Very easy. You can use any spreadsheet tool to mock up the ads.
- Easy to format. You can build unlimited number of ads, keywords and even group by campaign, ad group, etc
- Client can easily add comments, or make edits directly on the file
- Time. Once the client approves, you need to manually re-enter the ad copies, keywords, etc into Google Ads or Google Adwords Editor. Depending on the size of your campaigns, this can take a couple mins to hours.
- Higher chances of human error. Once uploaded into the search engines, you will need to QA to make sure all the copy, keywords are correct.
- Hard to collaborate and keep track of latest versions. Emails going back and forth with the client. Editing wrong versions. Tons of comments.
THE BEST WAY – Use a Google ad preview tool like PPC Ad Editor that also allows you to upload your campaign directly to Google Ads
- Very easy. Create your campaign, ad groups, keywords and ad copy similar using a simple dashboard
- Google Ads Preview mode allows you to share your campaign, keywords and ad copies online with your client
- Easy collaboration. Your clients can make comments right on the preview mode.
- Fast edits. Make edits directly in preview mode
- Fast upload. Once your client approves the campaign build, simply click upload to have it publish to Google Ads
- Speed to market. Since you don’t have to manually upload the ads, you have more time to do your favorite things like watch Netflix.
- There is a fee. Yes, its only $99 but this could be expensive for some users